OFR Short-term Funding Monitor - API
Short-term funding markets are the core of liquidity and maturity transformation in financial markets. They provide financing for financial institutions, serve as alternatives to deposits for cash investors, and can be used to obtain securities. However, as unavoidable consequences of their functions, these critical markets are vulnerable to disruptions. Problems faced by financial institutions or other parts of the financial system often appear as stresses in short-term funding markets. As part of the Office of Financial Research’s mission to promote and monitor financial stability, the OFR collects a variety of data on these markets. The Short-term Funding Monitor presents these data and places them in context with other data sources.
Series Data: Single Series
Returns the series for the given mnemonic as a list of date/value pairs. Each mnemonic is required to have an aggregation series and that is the default subseries returned. You can specify a different subseries to return.
- mnemonic - The unique identifier for the series for which you want to retrieve data. This parameter is required.
- label - The specific subseries to return. Possible labels are: "aggregation" and "disclosure_edits". By default the "aggregation" subseries is returned.
- start_date - First date in "YYYY-MM-DD" format for which you want to receive data. If no start_date is given, "1901-01-01" is used.
- end_date - Last date in "YYYY-MM-DD" format for which you want to receive data. If no end_date is given, today's date is used.
- periodicity - Converts the series to the given periodicity. Available values are:
Value Description A Calendar Year End AS Calendar Year Start D Daily M Calendar Month End MS Calendar Month Start W Weekly (Sunday Start) B Business Day (Weekday) BM Business Month End BMS Business Month Start Q Quarter End BQ Business Quarter End QS Quarter Start BQS Business Quarter Start BA Business Year End BAS Business Year Start
- how - How to calculate the value for the given periodicity. By default the last value in that period is given. Available values are:
Value Description first First Value of the Period last Last Value of the Period mean Mean Value for the Period median Median Value for the Period sum Sum of All Values in the Period
- remove_nulls - If this parameter is set to "true" all nulls in the series will be removed.
- time_format - The format for the dates in the series. By default they are returned as strings in the format: YYYY-MM-DD. Available values are:
Value Description date Returned as a string in the format: YYYY-MM-DD ms Returned as an integer of the number of milliseconds since epoch (1970-01-01)
[ [ "2019-10-21", 1.91 ], [ "2019-10-22", 1.91 ], [ "2019-10-23", 1.89 ], [ "2019-10-24", 1.85 ], [ "2019-10-25", 1.81 ], ... ]Call:
[ [ "2019-12-26", null ], [ "2019-12-30", null ], [ "2020-02-11", null ], [ "2020-05-05", null ], ... ]Call:
[ [ "2019-10-27", 1.87 ], [ "2019-11-03", 1.77 ], [ "2019-11-10", 1.72 ], [ "2019-11-17", 1.71 ], [ "2019-11-24", 1.73 ], [ "2019-12-01", 1.81 ], ... ]
This API endpoint is available in the following versions of the OFR API.